Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who kissed the pig?



So everyone's all in a tizzy about this swine flu business. Instead of writing about it I found a good resource for information that is frequently updated put up by Kaiser here. It takes you directly to patient instructions, but if you want even more info, just click on the home tab when you are there.

** This should not be construed as a endorsement of Kaiser of my blog. In fact, any perceived connection between Kaiser and this blog is purely coincidental.

Here's my bottom line: Flu by whatever name is still the flu. You have a greater chance of winning the lottery than being killed by the flu no matter if it is swine, avian, regular flu. If you caught it, you would get a fever, cough, sore throat, etc for a few days, just like the regular flu. In fact you should probably be more worried about catching the regular old flu, there's been more of it here in America. I guess its just not as fun to get all stressed out by boring old regular flu...


3 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

thanks for that. I was wondering how upset I needed to get over these dang pigs and the frenzy they are creating.

Robyn said...

Oh thank you. I feel better already. You know how I get and I was a little worried...

April Perry said...

I knew I could come to your blog for reassurance. That photo cracked me up. Ewwwww. I'm still going to keep a mask on when I kiss my husband, though...just in case I have swine flu. I don't want to give it to him. But I don't have any symptoms or anything...I just think the masks are trendy.